Wednesday, May 10, 2006

A Man and His Kingdom


I cannot believe how lucky I am, at this point in my life, of realizing a life-long dream.

From the time I was a child I dreamed about owning property, building a house, and making it my own. I got the 'bug to build' from my Grampa Purves, the single most important person in my life. After spending many hours helping him with home repairs, and home construction, I knew that I wanted to have a place of my own to do the same thing. Now I do.

This property is 5.6 acres, most of which is wooded. While it does have the lovely camper on it at the moment (which will be just fine for holiday visits) it is my intention to build my own little home here, and live full-time here in 5 - 10 years.



One of the chief benefits of this particular piece of property was that it is on the shore of a lake, Armstrong Lake. While I am not right at the shore, I am only a stones throw away via a 150m path just across the road.

1 comment:

Lance Morrison said...

HOORAH!!! A summer home!