Tuesday, October 03, 2006

How I Spent my (late) Summer Vacation

I just spent 8 days at the International Straw Bale Building Coalition conference, held in Peterborough, ON. It was REALLY great! Not only did I learn a LOT about natural building, but I discovered that this coalition is really an environmental and social justice group, where green construction is used as a vehicle to cleaning up our planet while allowing people to opt-out of the conventional circus we call living!

Here are some pictures - enjoy




The new administration office at Camp Kawartha - site of the conference.








Straw bale windows are deep and curvy!





A bit overdone to my taste, but some fresco work that was done on the inside of the office!








Homes Made of Straw - INCONCEIVABLE


This is a really lovely, two-storey, round house that is entirely off-grid, with solar and wind power. The window and ceiling detailing was really lovely.

1 comment:

Lance Morrison said...

Is that what our place in N.S. will look like? F-U-N!

Do we get more pictures?